Paddle Canada is looking for the next Editor of Kanawa, our 3-page quarterly newsletter printed in the folds of Rapid Media magazines (Adventure Kayak, Canoeroots, Kayak Angler, Rapid and the Paddling Buyer’s Guide). As the current Editor of Kanawa, I can assure you it is not very much work (5-10 hours per quater) and comes with huge rewards (build your writing/editorial pedigree, network with the cool people at the largest paddlesports publishing company in the world, source fun content and edit interesting news).
If you hit the following qualifications, please contact shoot us a resume with writing samples:
- Strong command of English grammar, writing and superb editorial skills.
- Demonstrated passion for paddling and the outdoors.
- Engagement with Paddle Canada (do you subscribe to Current Strokes, follow us on Instagram, or maybe you’ve even taken a course!).
- Awareness of sources of Canadian paddling content (bloggers, authors, etc.).
- Entrepreneurial! This is a very independent and self-driven position.
- Organized! You must coordinate submission deadlines with Rapid’s editors and Kanawa’s content submitters.
- University degree in English, Journalism, Communications, History (or some other writing intense program) is an asset, but not required.
- Savvy using social media tools (they’re easy to learn!) like Buffer to promote Kanawa and Kanawa content to our digital audience.
- Fluency in written French is massive! Please let us know if you have that.
Please email Adrian Camara at [email protected]