You have been hired to teach your first instructor course at a paddling school of your choice. A group of 4 instructor candidates have registered for the course. Develop a course outline for the same level of instructor course you are going to be assisting on (as part of your apprenticeship).
The assignment should be a minimum of 2 pages long and include:
- pre and post course duties and administration requirements
- logistics and risk assessment outline for the hypothetical course location
- scope and sequence of all required teaching topics
- plan for communicating with participants pre-course, during course and post-course
- assessment and debrief plan
For the purposes of this online training course, cut and paste this assignment into your working document then click the mark complete button to view the second assignment.
This assignment must be presented to your IT assessor before the start of the first mentorship for initial feedback and improvement suggestions. The final version of the assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the IT before certification can be awarded.