Reports to: Operations Manager/Lead guide
Job Summary: Lead sea kayak tours and assist with all tours and other operations at East Coast Outfitters (ECO) if time permits. They will be responsible for the organisation and delivery of all tours. They are the front line of ECO and must serve customers by providing quality product and service information, safety, and customer care.
- Provide quality customer service while interacting with all ECO clients
- Prepare for and lead all assigned sea kayak tours conducive to all ECO guidelines
- Provide support for all Sea Kayaking tours
- Maintain customer care and professionalism throughout all tours
- Maintain all ECO equipment in a clean and professional way
- Assist all clients in preparing for their tour
- Ensure that tours, rentals and events operate safely and are successful
- Represent ECO in a way that adheres to the mission, vision and values of the business
- Have knowledge of all ECO programs and products so as to provide customers with options and recommendations to best suit their needs
- Assist with any other ECO events
Job Type: Full Time
Required Education, Skills or Certification
We require the following:
- Minimum: Paddle Canada Sea Kayak Level 1 Skills or SKGABC, BCU, ACA, equivalents. Paddle Canada Level 2 skills course is recommended.
- Appropriate First Aid certification – Minimum WRFA (3-day course- 24 hours total with overnight trip). Must include CPR & CPR-C.
- Marine VHF Restricted Operators Certificate recommended
- Paddle Canada Level 1 Instructor/Instructor trainer certifications are an asset as they could lead to more work instructing courses
- Progressively increasing depth of knowledge of the Atlantic Ocean, its flora, fauna, early history and geological features.
- Appropriate personal equipment, e.g. PFD, Marine VHF, immersion clothing, etc.
If you do not have one or more of the above we can train you through our guide training program in order to progressively develop your skills
- Leading groups on the outdoor and/or on the water
- customer service
- previous guiding (not required)
- Salary is negotiable and based on experience
How to Apply
To apply for a position with East Coast Outfitters please review the following requirements. Please clearly identify the position applied for and include the following information.
- A cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position
- A current resume.
- Contact details for at least two work references.
- Details of relevant certifications, achievement dates and renewal dates for PC certifications or equivalent.
- Availability dates.
All positions require the following.
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Proficiency in English, other languages especially French & German are an asset.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Responsible, reliable, decisive, mature individuals
- Good organizational skills
- Familiar with the outdoor environment
- Articulate and people-oriented
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Robust to inclement weather
East Coast Outfitters
2017 Lower Prospect Road
Lower Prospect, Nova Scotia
East Coast Outfitters provides customers with world-class outdoor experiences in a safe and fun fashion that is socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable.
East Coast Outfitters strives to provide employees with a great place to work by offering an environment that is fun, challenging, promotes teamwork and mutual respect.
East Coast Outfitters strives to be a leader in the paddling industry, and to do it in a way that promotes safe, healthy, and sustainable outdoor endeavours and is a positive influence on the lives of our clients, our employees and the members of our community.
Safety, Integrity, Respect, Skilled staff, Fun, Teamwork, Friendliness and Service.
ECO is the premier sea kayaking outfitter in Nova Scotia. We have one of the largest fleets in the Atlantic provinces and we employ the most skilled guides that are passionate and enthusiastic about sharing paddling experiences with our clients.