This course provides the skills and knowledge for proficient paddleboarding in moderate conditions, along a moderately exposed shore with frequent easy-landing opportunities.
Typical Course Length
12-16 hours (2 days)
- Safety equipment
- Group management
- Advanced scenarios
- Paddling efficiency for longer distances
- Launching from an exposed shoreline
- Landing in surf conditions
- Paddling in current
- Paddling in adverse conditions
- Paddling in wind and waves with fully loaded board
- Decision making models
- Planning daily mileage
- Advanced weather forecasting
- Tides and currents
- Reading natural cues
- Touring equipment
- Touring 1 SUP course or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- At least 3, one-day SUP touring trips in different locations.
- Paddlers need time and practice to sufficiently develop the skills learned in the prerequisite course before registering in this course.
- First Aid
- Wilderness first aid (16 hours) with CPR strongly recommended.
The Small Print
The content on this page is provided for information only and could be incorrect or outdated. The course program manual is the official syllabus.
If you have any specific syllabus questions, please get in touch with the Stand Up Paddleboard Program Committee who is responsible for the development and maintaince of this course.