Location: Saint-Laurent Park, Quebec. Photo credit: Valerie Turcotte
- Safety equipment
- Group paddling dynamics
- Basic rescues & towing
- Stroke efficiency for longer distances
- Paddling in wavy conditions
- Paddling in wind
- Paddling a loaded board
- Decision making models & route planning
- Basic weather forecasting
- Exposed vs. sheltered shoreline
- Touring specific equipment
- Tides and currents
- Advanced Flatwater Stand Up Paddleboard course, or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Paddlers need time and practice to sufficiently develop the skills learned in the prerequisite course before registering in this course.
The Small Print
The content on this page is provided for information only and could be incorrect or outdated. The course program manual is the official syllabus.
If you have any specific syllabus questions, please get in touch with the
Stand Up Paddleboard Program Committee who is responsible for the development and maintaince of this course.