Location: Squamish-Estuary, BC. Photo credit: Diane Kiss
- Falling off safely
- Remounting the board
- Use of a leash
- Foot positions and stance
- Bracing (using the paddle to support getting out through the surf)
- High cadence acceleration
- Sweep stroke in the surf zone
- Cross draw in the surf zone
- Breaking through waves
- Catching waves
- Board design
- Safety equipment
- Surf etiquette
- Reading the surf zone
- Decision making
- Injury prevention
- Buddy system
- Advanced Flatwater SUP skills course or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Paddlers need time and practice to sufficiently develop the skills learned in the prerequisite course before registering in this course.
The Small Print
The content on this page is provided for information only and could be incorrect or outdated. The course program manual is the official syllabus.
If you have any specific syllabus questions, please get in touch with the
Stand Up Paddleboard Program Committee who is responsible for the development and maintaince of this course.