Location: Pitt Lake, BC. Photo credit: Diane Kiss
This award provides a national certification in the instruction and administration of the Advanced Flatwater SUP Skills program.
The Advanced Flatwater SUP instructor is certified to
Find a School
Search for a Stand Up Paddleboard Course
Find a Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor
- conduct Paddle Canada Basic SUP and Advanced Flatwater SUP skills courses and to certify paddlers at those levels,
- assist on the following Paddle Canada SUP skills courses, with prerequisite skills: River 1, Surf 1, Touring 1,
- apprentice on the following Paddle Canada SUP skills courses, with prerequisite skills: River 1, Surf 1, Touring 1, and
- teach SUP on flatwater.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Current Paddle Canada membership.
How to Register for an Instructor Course
- Contact the course director/organization and register with them first.
- Register yourself as an instructor candidate member with Paddle Canada by following these steps:
- Are you existing Paddle Canada member or a past skill course student? Login to your account and follow the instructor candidate link there.
- Are you brand new to Paddle Canada? Proceed to the Instructor Candidate membership form.
The Small Print
The content on this page is provided for information only and could be incorrect or outdated. The course program manual is the official syllabus.
If you have any specific syllabus questions, please get in touch with the
Stand Up Paddleboard Program Committee who is responsible for the development and maintaince of this course.