Location: Medway River, Nova Scotia. Photo credit: Karl Vollmer
The Flatwater River Kayaking Instructor course is designed to provide a national certification in the instruction and administration of the Flatwater River Kayaking Program.
The Flatwater River Kayaking Instructor is certified to conduct Paddle Canada River Kayaking courses up to Flatwater Skills course and to certify paddlers at that level.
The Flatwater River Kayak Instructor can teach paddlers river kayaking on water up to and including Class 0.
Find a School
Search for a River Kayaking Course
Find a River Kayaking Instructor
- At least 18 years of age.
- Paddle Canada Beginner River Kayaking skills certification.
- Instructor Experience
- Safety Training
- Swift Water Rescue Training recommended
- Rolling Ability
- The demonstrated ability to consistently roll a kayak in a Class 1 water on one side.
How to Register for an Instructor Course
- Contact the course director/organization and register with them first.
- Register yourself as an instructor candidate member with Paddle Canada by following these steps:
- Are you existing Paddle Canada member or a past skill course student? Login to your account and follow the instructor candidate link there.
- Are you brand new to Paddle Canada? Proceed to the Instructor Candidate membership form.
The Small Print
The content on this page is provided for information only and could be incorrect or outdated. The course program manual is the official syllabus.
If you have any specific syllabus questions, please get in touch with the
River Kayak Program Committee who is responsible for the development and maintaince of this course.