Photo credit: Gabes Images
The Intermediate Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing Instructor award provides a national certification in the instruction and administration of the Intermediate Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing skills courses.
The Intermediate Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing Instructor is certified to
Find a School
Search for a Canoeing Course
Find a Canoeing Instructor
- conduct the Intermediate Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing skills course, Introduction to Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing skills course, Canoeing Basics and the Waterfront Skills courses
- assist on an Advanced Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing skills courses
- apprentice on the Paddle Canada Advanced Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing Instructor course (Advanced Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing skills certification is required)
- At least 18 years of age
- Advanced Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing skills certification, or equivalent skills and knowledge with permission of the course instructor.
- Experience beyond that of the Intermediate Tandem or Solo Lake Canoeing skills level.
- Instructors can transfer their certification to solo instructor when the meet the following requirement
- Advanced Solo Lake Canoeing certification and,
- an Instructor Trainer recommendation.
How to Register for an Instructor Course
- Contact the course director/organization and register with them first.
- Register yourself as an instructor candidate member with Paddle Canada by following these steps:
- Are you existing Paddle Canada member or a past skill course student? Login to your account and follow the instructor candidate link there.
- Are you brand new to Paddle Canada? Proceed to the Instructor Candidate membership form.
The Small Print
The content on this page is provided for information only and could be incorrect or outdated. The course program manual is the official syllabus.
If you have any specific syllabus questions, please get in touch with the
Canoe Program Committee who is responsible for the development and maintaince of this course.