Photo Credit: Scott Goodwill
- Minimum Age Requirement
- At least 16 years of age.
- Skills Certification
- Wilderness Camping skills certification
- One of the following paddling skills certifications:
- Intro Lakewater or Moving Water Canoe skills,
- Basic Sea Kayak skills,
- Basic Stand Up Paddleboard skills, or
- Intermediate River Kayak skills.
- River Rescue Training is strongly recommended for those offering any skills course on moving water.
- Instructor Certification
- Teaching Experience
- Camping and Paddling Experience
- Significant camping experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations.
- A minimum of 6 camping trips with a total combination of 10 nights or more camping. It is not necessary that these trips involve paddling.
How to Register for an Instructor Course
- Contact the course director/organization and register with them first.
- Register yourself as an instructor candidate member with Paddle Canada by following these steps:
- Are you existing Paddle Canada member or a past skill course student? Login to your account and follow the instructor candidate link there.
- Are you brand new to Paddle Canada? Proceed to the Instructor Candidate membership form.
The Small Print
The content on this page is provided for information only and could be incorrect or outdated. The course program manual is the official syllabus.
If you have any specific syllabus questions, please get in touch with the
Camping Program Committee who is responsible for the development and maintaince of this course.