Current Paddle Canada Instructor membership benefits include:
- Accreditation to run Paddle Canada Instruction Programs.
- Access to the Paddle Canada Insurance policy.
- Insurance coverage for all sanctioned Paddle Canada courses.
- Access to the Paddle Canada Logo for program recognition.
- One year subscription to Rapid Media’s Paddling Magazine (in either print or digital format).
- Pro-Deal Purchase Programs from leading outdoor and paddlesport manufacturers including:
- Paddle Canada decal.
- Electronic subscription to our Current Strokes e-newsletter.
- Frequent updates on issues and opportunities related to the national paddling community.
- The opportunity to support our Threatened Waterways Designation and other environmental advocacy efforts.
- Vote for Regional Directors to the Paddle Canada Board.
- The right to attend all Board of Directors meetings as a non-voting observer.
- Preferred camping rate at the American Canoe Association’s Sugar Island, in the beautiful region of the 1000 Island, St. Lawrence River, Ontario.
- Bringing together members to learn, share, discuss and have fun paddling!
- The knowledge that you are supporting a non-profit volunteer organization committed to promoting values you believe in.
Over $4000 in value:
- $2000 value in insurance (if you were to purchase coverage on your own)
- $2000 or more value in pro-deal discount savings from 13 partners
- $17.95 value in a Rapid Media Magazine Subscription of your choice
Personal & Paddling Program Benefits
- Improved and additional instructor resources / manuals
- Improved access to certification maintenance and professional development clinics
- Opportunities to expand and develop new paddling programs like recent SUP, Big Canoe, and a new sit-on-top rec kayak program, to meet an ever changing paddle sport.
The Industry Benefits as your member dollars support our attendance at:
- Canadian Safe Boating Council’s annual symposium,
- SARcene – annual Search and Rescue Conference,
- Transport Canada Office of Boating Safety Meetings (2 times a year) with our official seat on the National Recreational Boating Advisory Council
- Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa Outdoor Adventure & Cottage Life Shows
- Outdoor Retailer (USA) and other North American outdoor industry conference and trade show