You may have noticed some changes to the Paddle Canada Members website! We wanted to take a moment to highlight a few of those changes for you:
- When creating a skills course, the only mandatory fields are now First Name, Last Nam, year of birth, and E-Mail address. Your participants will receive a welcome email, introducing them to their profile, where they can edit (if they choose to) all other fields. They will also be able to access their certificate at any time as well. Please note, that a valid and unique email address is required for each participant. This is the ONLY way that we can ensure that folks receive their certificate with the correct name and level. Shared email accounts will not work, as people cannot share a certificate!
- When you log in to your account, you can now see the upcoming courses you are teaching. This is a new feature if you are NOT both the Director and the Instructor. Previously, you could only see upcoming courses that you were the Director of. This may cause a bit of confusion:
- The Course Director is the administrator of the course. This person can create and close a report. They may edit the course as necessary up until the close/report of the course. They will also receive any relevant invoices. They complete any necessary upgrades after the course: ie conditional passes
- The Lead Instructor (previously Instructor #1) is the signature that will appear on any certificates that are awarded. They currently have no course editing rights, BUT now the Lead Instructor can adjust the status of a participant (ie: conditional to full pass) comment on the status of the participant, and report the course.
- The Course Director and the Lead Instructor can be the same person.
- Once a course is reported (closed) you no longer have access to edit the course (exceptions include updating conditional passes) Participants cannot be added or removed and dates cannot be changed.
A few friendly reminders!
- All courses and clinics must be entered into the system BEFORE the course starts. No course is sanctioned otherwise. Date, location, course name, Director, and Lead Instructor are the minimum pieces of information required for a course/clinic to be sanctioned.
- Our new insurance policy handbook is now posted on the member’s site. If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]