Q: How do I access the Pro Purchase Program available to instructor members from the many Paddle Canada manufacturer partners?
A: There are many purchase discounts offered to instructor members from many manufacturers.
- You need to be a current paid up instructor member for the season before you can access the order discounts.
- To access the details of each pro purchase program you will want to first login to your Members Account at www.paddlebuzz.ca with your account email and password. If you have forgotten your password you can always have a new one resent to you using the Forgot My Password link.
- Once logged in Visit the Member Purchase Discounts link under the Instructor Services menu. Here you will find all the info and contact details on how to access the discounts and place the orders. Each one is a bit different.
- Place your order, enjoy your new products and promote them to your course participants proudly. We suggest finding out who your local dealers are, for the products you order, so you can send any potential customers their way.
Q: Why can’t I see the Instructor Services menu options when i’m logged into my Members Area at PaddleBuzz.ca
A: Likely because you are not a paid up member for the season. Only current paid members have access to the Instructor Services menu including My Courses management options.
Q: Why can’t I see the Report, Update and Cancel link tools when viewing a Course Details summary page.
A: There may be an issue with the status of your account. This may be due to your profile reading account status of “Instructor Candidate”. Please contact the PC office for help at [email protected] or at 1-888-252-6292 ext 10.
Q: How old do participants have to be to get certified?
A: There is no age restriction for PC courses or clinics. If the participant is under 18 years of age, there is a different Under the Age of Majority Paddle Canada Waiver that needs to be signed by them and their parents (see Waiver link in your members area). That’s the big difference. Otherwise it’s really up to you as the Course Director or the paddling school you work for, to set the policy on ages for certain programs. Canoeing has been taught with kids as young as 5 or 6 yrs of age but kayaking often starts around ages of 8 and up depending on availability of appropriately sized gear and boats. SUP would be ages 8 or older again when appropriately sized gear and boards is available.
Q: How old do participants have to be before they can participate without a parent?
A: There is no age policy for when parental accompaniment is necessary or not, that’s up to you to set a policy as needed as an instructor.
Q: Is there a Paddle Canada certification card that instructors or students get upon completion of the course?
A: There is a PC card that can be given upon completion of the course. It is your responsibility to provide them to participants. Paddle Canada does not send out cards or badges to participants. However, we do provide an email confirmation of course completion to the participant as long as a valid email was entered on your course report. There are two types of certificates available to you for download and print in your Members Area by clicking on the Certificates & Wallet Cards link: One is the 8.5 x 11 Certificates or 2 x 3 inch business size cards. These documents are in PDF format and fallible, meaning you can fill them in on the screen and then print them. More instructions on printing your own certificates available on the Certificates & Wallet Cards download page.
Q: Is there a PC badge available to order that instructors can give to students upon completion of the course?
A: Sadly no, there is not. We discontinued production of badges in 2008 due to lack of demand and high production costs and inventory issues.
Q: Where do I find copies of the PC and Partner Logos for my promotional course and marketing purposes?
A: They can be accessed from the Paddle Canada & Partner Logo page which has a link from the Instructor Resources/Resources and Policies page (or access the page by clicking the link above).
Q: Why am I not on the Instructor For Hire list?
A: There could be a number of reasons why:
- You have not renewed your membership for the year. Only paid-up members appear on the list.
- You have not checked off ‘YES’ in the Instructor for Hire box in your members account – Click on Edit My Profile , then scroll down to bottom of Instructor Information section (just below 1st Aid Info Fields)
- You are missing the certification for that specific discipline (contact office or your appropriate Program Development Committee to fix/find missing records)
Q: Where do I find the Paddle Canada Liability insurance summary?
A: Here is a summary of our 3rd Party, 10 million dollar liability.
Q: Are there special procedures for Scouts Canada groups with regards to the insurance / waiver agreement?
A: No, except that they are NOT required to sign the waivers. We suggest continuing to use the waiver forms for the purpose of collection of participant info only. In addition, usage of the form will present a good opportunity for a discussion around the risks associated with the paddling activity.
Q: When adding participants to a course, what do I do if no postal code or email is provided and it is a required field?
A: For postal codes enter: xxxxxx and for emails enter the default PC email: [email protected] Please note: participants without valid emails will not receive an automated course completion email.
Q: How do I register, report and pay for a course?
A: Coming soon with launch of new member site.
Q. Is it possible to change a course from Intermediate to Intro after it has been registered? (or any combination like this)
A: No. You have to cancel the original course and re-register the correct one. Since the computer won’t allow you to back date a course upon re-registration, please do the following:
- Enter dates for the new course like it’s going to take place tomorrow. Save it.
- Go into this new Course ID created under My Courses page and use the UPDATE link to adjust dates backwards to original dates. Save it.
- Go into the new Course ID again and click REPORT to add your participants and Submit the report as normal.
*** For instructor courses, please contact the office for help on re-registering a course and transferring instructor candidates over.
Q: How do I register and report Instructor Recertification Clinics?
A: Register the course(s) in advance, the same as any instructor course, and have instructors sign up as Instructor Candidates (even though technically they are not but it’s the only way via website at the moment) for your course ID you provide them with. Then when you go to report the course, mark their status as Clinic Only. Starting in early spring 2014 no fee will be charged for re-certifications however website is still awaiting update on this (as of Feb 12, 2014).