Deadline for submissions for the 2018 Waterwalker Film Festival has now passed. Please email [email protected] for any follow-up.
Winning and Honourable Mention/Short Listed Film entries will be featured in the WATERWALKER Film Festival Tour and will be promoted on the Paddle Canada’s website as well as through our member newsletter (Current Strokes) and other media releases.
The Waterwalker Film Festival is a celebration of exceptional films and videos on canoeing, kayaking, sea kayaking, nature, high adventure and the conservation of water environments. While the festival accepts videos and films depicting any aspect of life on the water, the following categories are currently featured:
- Canadian Location
- Canadian Filmmaker
- Education & Safety
- Short Film (under 10 minutes)
- Social Media (spreading the paddling passion)
- Best SUP Film
- Best Canoe Film
- Best Sea Kayak Film
- Best River Kayak Film
The dispatching of any Film Entry to the Waterwalker Film Festival Committee implies acceptance of the Entry Procedures and Regulations. Please make certain that you have read, understood, and agreed to the terms as outlined below prior to submitting your film entry.
- An entry will consist of two (2) duplicate DVD, NTSC format, copies to be submitted and be retained by the Festival Committee for selection and archival purposes. Please do not send your originals.
- Please supply a minimum of 2 photos from the films for use in media, posters, etc. for the festival.
- Entries can be of any duration and can be narrative, story, animated, or experimental art form.
- If possible, entries should have a “Festival Cut” version (up to 20 minutes in length) of a “Feature Film” length (over 45 minutes).
- The Festival Committee or Host groups may show a shorter version of a Feature Film entry (over 45 minutes) for the Tour.
- All entries MUST be accompanied by a brief (75 word maximum) summary of the film.
- The new “Short Film” entries should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Entries can be submitted by professional or amateur filmmakers.
- Filmmakers from any country may enter, but foreign language entries must be accompanied by an English translation.
- All music rights MUST be cleared before submission to the Festival Committee.
- Past entries may be resubmitted. Priority will be given to new entries for category winners.
- All entries will be viewed by the Festival Committee and notification of winners will be made approximately 3 weeks after the deadline, February 21st.
- The Festival Committee may use excerpts and photos of the entries for promotional purposes.
- All winners will be notified shortly after deadline date.
- Entries will be copied by the Festival Committee for simulcast purposes on the Festival Tour.
- Winners will receive an exclusive right to use “Waterwalker Winner” logo in their own marketing.
Please mail submissions to:
Chair, Waterwalker Film Festival Committee
c/o 121 52039 RR 213
Sherwood Park, Alberta