Instructor Membership Overview
Paddle Canada Instructor Membership is based on the calendar year from January 1st to December 31st. If your membership was purchased between January 1st and September 31st, it will expire on December 31 of that year. This is the case for most Instructors each year. To recognize late Fall Instructor courses and the decreased chances of being able to teach in the colder weather, if you purchase your membership between October 1st and December 31st, it will then expire on December 31 of the following year.
Please note that you must know the Instructor Course ID for your first Instructor course before creating a new Instructor account. This Course ID is required during the sign-up process.
All Paddle Canada instructors in a region are requested to become members of the Regional Member Association (RMA) upon registration with Paddle Canada. Note: exceptions will be made for those RMA’s which do not actively promote and support the instructors’ discipline. Instructors in those regions can opt not to be members of the RMA. Visit the Regional Members page to find your local association and arrange membership payment. The regional members and Paddle Canada thank you for your continued support.
*Waterfront Instructors and Big Canoe Leaders may join at a reduced membership rate. This special membership category was developed to encourage more involvement with teaching paddling particularly at schools, youth organizations, and camps. Please note that any Waterfront Instructor that takes the next level of instructor training (Lake Canoe Instructor or Basic Kayak Instructor) will then be asked to pay and renew at the full instructor rate from that date forward.
Please note that US and International residents may become Paddle Canada Instructors. However, for liability reasons, the ability to teach the Paddle Canada program is restricted to those individuals currently residing within Canada and who will be teaching the program in a Canadian Province or Territory.
If you have taken a Paddle Canada skills course (a prerequisite for Instructor courses) you should already have an account with us. To find your account (your email address is your login) you can reset your password here. Once you’ve reset your password, you can enter your account, update your details, renew your membership and add yourself to the instructor course.
Instructor Member Benefits
Paddle Canada Instructor membership benefits include:
- Accreditation to run Paddle Canada instruction programs.
- Access to Paddle Canada’s liability insurance policy for all sanctioned courses.
- Access to the Paddle Canada Logo for program recognition.
- One year* subscription to Rapid Media’s Paddling Magazine (in either print or digital format)
- *Instructor Memberships expire at the end of the annual year. The sooner you renew your membership in the year, the more magazine editions you will receive in that annual year. Best practice is to renew your annual membership at the beginning of January so that you will receive the full annual year’s worth of magazines from Rapid Media.
- Pro-Deal Purchase Programs from leading outdoor and paddlesport manufacturers.
- Electronic subscription to our Current Strokes e-newsletter.
- Frequent updates on issues and opportunities related to the national paddling community.
- Vote for Regional Directors to the Paddle Canada Board.
- Bringing together members to learn, share, discuss and have fun paddling!
- The knowledge that you are supporting a non-profit volunteer organization committed to promoting values you believe in.
Over $4000 in Value
- $2000 value in insurance if you were to purchase coverage on your own.
- $2000 or more value in pro-deal discount savings from 13 partners.
- $17.95 value in a Rapid Media Magazine Subscription of your choice.
Personal & Paddling Program Benefits
- Improved and additional instructor resources / manuals
- Improved access to certification maintenance and professional development clinics
- Opportunities to expand and develop new paddling programs like recent SUP, Big Canoe, and a new sit-on-top rec kayak program, to meet an ever changing paddle sport.
The Industry Benefits as your member dollars support our attendance at:
- Canadian Safe Boating Council’s annual symposium,
- SARcene – annual Search and Rescue Conference,
- Transport Canada Office of Boating Safety Meetings (2 times a year) with our official seat on the National Recreational Boating Advisory Council
- Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa Outdoor Adventure & Cottage Life Shows
- Outdoor Retailer (USA) and other North American outdoor industry conference and trade show
Instructor and Waterfront Instructor Membership Fees
|Country or Region||Instructor Membership Price||Waterfront Instructor Membership Price*|
|Canada||$99.99 plus tax||$20 plus tax|
|United States||$99.99 plus tax||$20 plus tax|
|International Members||$99.99 plus tax||$20 plus tax|
*Please note our Waterfront Instructor Membership fee will change for 2022. $25 for youth, (up to age 25) and $50 for adults.
RENEW before December 31, 2021, and enjoy the current rate