The Paddling Association Membership is an organizational category membership, available to non-profit paddling clubs or paddling associations in Canada. Some of the main goals of the membership are to create more links and opportunities in the Canadian paddling community, plus meet an increasing demand to join Paddle Canada in provinces/territories where there is no Regional / Provincial Paddling Association and receive many marketing and insurance benefits.
Other goals include:
- Foster commitment to the professional development of paddling association leaders and associated members.
- Increase organizational learning through cross Canada dialogue of paddle sports and recreational paddling industry
Benefits of Membership
- As a Paddle Canada Paddling Association Member, you join the ranks of dozens of paddling associations across the country in providing an enjoyable activity to people while exploring and preserving our waterways.
- Membership and Directory listing on the Paddle Canada website advertising association location, contact information, activities, facilities, website, events.
- Advertising Discounts of 15% off in Rapid Media magazines and online banner ads.
- Paddle Canada will provide opportunities to network and communicate with other different association organizations plus Paddle Canada organizations, instructors, and trainers.
- Discount to the association to host Waterwalker Film Festival. The festival is a great way for membership drive (attracting new members out to the event) and also fundraise at the same time.
- Event Support and Promotion via Paddle Canada’s social media and web marketing network.
- Paddle Canada Paddling Association Members have access to ACA’s Sugar Island campsites
- Discounts on Paddle Canada merchandise.
- Association Excursion & Event Insurance:
- $5 Million Comprehensive General Liability Insurance (CGL – i.e. Third Party Liability Insurance) with no aggregate limit. *
- Professional Liability (Errors & Omissions – Defence Cost Insurance)*
- $50,000 Sport Accident Insurance (1st Party Coverage) to all leaders and members and association volunteers
- Provides coverage for on-water activities and also off-water activities (events) such as banquets, fundraisers, trade shows, and meetings (provided Paddle Canada Paddling Association membership policies are met and abided by)
- Preferred access to Directors & Officers Insurance quotes for association’s Board of Directors (optional: premiums starting as low as $400 – $500).
- Preferred access to out-of-country medical / Travel Insurance (optional for international association trips).
* $500 deductible per claim
Paddle Canada has a tiered dues system for your convenience based on association size.
|Paddling Association Membership Size||Membership Fee|
|500+||Call for a quote|
Commercial General Liability & Sport Accident Insurance included in the membership fee, however, Directors & Officers Insurance is not.
All Paddling Association membership expires on March 31 each calendar year. All Paddling Associations will be notified by email 60 days and 30 days prior to expiration.
New PA Enrolment
Before applying for membership, please review all the requirements in the Paddling Association Policy & Procedure Agreement document. This document lists all the requirements for participating in the PA membership program. In addition please review and agree to the Paddle Canada risk management requirements document.
To get started you will need to submit:
- A completed application form (the contact information provided will be used to obtain the Insurance Certificate needed for the association).
- A signed Paddling Association Policy Agreement Contact
- Payment appropriate to your size of the association.
- A current list of association numbers confirming the size of the association (most up-to-date numbers is acceptable from the year prior for example).
Note: If your association needs a 3rd party named as an additionally insured under the policy such as a government, municipal, or landowner, include that request and info in your application. An additional admin fee of $10 for each additional insured is required.