To provide a national certification in the instruction and administration of the Paddle Canada Level-1 Instructor course.
The Level-1 Instructor Trainer is certified to:
- Conduct Paddle Canada Introduction to Kayaking, Instructor and Level-1 Instructor courses and to certify Instructors at those levels.
- Co-instruct with a Level-2 Instructor Trainer on a Level-2 Instructor course.
Prerequisites are to be completed before the assessment process. Level-1 Apprentice Instructor Trainer must have:
- Skills Certification: Sea Kayaking Level-3 Skills.
- Instructor Certification: Sea Kayaking Instructor Level-2.
- Instructor Trainer Certification: None required.
- Experience: As a Level-2 Instructor, taught two or more Level-2 skill courses.
Apprenticeship and Assessment
Assessment for Sea Kayaking Instructor Trainer Level-1 is achieved through the mentorship process.
- Apprentice on at least two (2) Sea Kayaking Instructor Level-1 courses.
- A Level-2 Instructor Trainer is required to assess a Level-1 Instructor Trainer.
- The Apprentice can work with the same Instructor Trainer on both courses.