1. Instructor members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being and their ultimate right to self-determination. Specifically, instructors must treat everyone equally, within the context of their activity, regardless of sex, ethnic origin, religion or political persuasion.
2. Instructor members have a responsibility to ensure the safety of the participants with whom they work as far as possible within the limits of their control. Therefore,
4. Paddle Canada instructor members have the responsibility to ensure that activities conform to “Leave No Trace” principles:
5. Instructor members will know and abide by all Paddle Canada policies, standards and regulations.
6. Paddle Canada attempts to provide the best, most up-to-date and uniform instruction available; therefore it is the duty of each instructor member to learn any new techniques, alterations or modifications in order to pass them on to those who take instruction. To remain out-dated in technique is unfair to fellow members and the public.
Last updated May 2011 (Instruction & Safety Committee)